After you first set up Azure Storage Provider using Setup Wizard, you can re-configure certain parameters such as your storage account or the container where you save content using VIDIZMO portal.
In order to learn how to automate the setup of your content provider and encoding service provider via VIDIZMO portal, see: Understanding Setup Wizard.
Before you start
- Administrators and Managers are allowed to view and edit Azure Storage Provider.
- Here, you need to manually set up your Azure storage account so that you are able to update related configuration details in VIDIZMO portal. To learn more about it, see: Create a storage account and Create an Azure CDN profile and endpoint.
- Any mistakes while configuring storage provider can break the uploading/encoding process.
Azure Portal Configuration
Here, you need to manually set up your Azure storage account so that you are able to update related configuration details in VIDIZMO portal.
2. Create a container to store your content in it. VIDIZMO’s naming convention for container is to give it a name according to your tenant ID such as et-5964, etc.. This is done for unique identification. Copy its name for later use in VIDIZMO portal.
3. Next, you need to integrate Azure CDN with your storage account, copy the endpoint hostname used to access your cached resources which is in the format <endpoint name>.azureedge.net.
VIDIZMO Portal Configuration
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. Click on the navigation menu on the top left of your screen.
ii. Expand Admin tab.
iii Click on Control Panel.
2. From the Manage Portal navigation pane in Control Panel:
i. Select Storage Providers tab.
ii. Hover over your respective Storage Provider to see the edit icon appear under Action and click on it.
3. From the alert generated:
i. Click Continue to be routed to the edit page.
3. On the Edit Storage Provider page, you will also be able to view current settings, which you can update. Following are the editable parameters for Azure Storage:
i. Provider Name displays the name of the Storage Provider configured on your portal.
ii. Enter Content Upload URL copied here as default endpoint for your blob storage account, which corresponds to the URL that defines where the content will be stored.
iii. Enter ProviderURL copied here as streaming endpoint hostname for your media service, which corresponds to the path URL where media will be cached and streamed from.
iv. Enter the Container Name for your blob storage copied here.
v. Enter the Storage Name copied here that refers to the name of your storage account in Azure portal.
vi. Enter Access Key for your Storage Account copied here.
vii. Enter the Content Types that you will retrieve from this storage provider. You can select from the available options such as Video, Audio, Misc, etc.
viii. Click on the Update button to save changes.
A notification will appear briefly stating: Storage Provider Updated Successfully.
- How to Configure Azure Storage Provider with VIDIZMO On Premise Encoder
- How to Configure Azure Storage Provider with VIDIZMO Cloud Encoder