Table of Content:
Setup Wizard allows you to initially set up your Portal's Storage Provider, Transcoder and SMTP settings for a seamless user experience through out the application usage. It takes you through a series of easily configurable steps to help set up the system.
Storage Providers in VIDIZMO
VIDIZMO allows you the flexibility of choosing your own Storage Provider or configure any of the Cloud-based or On-Premise Storage Providers that VIDIZMO offers such as Azure, VIDIZMO Storage, etc. Read more about the available Storage Providers options here: Understanding Storage Providers in VIDIZMO.
Transcoders in VIDIZMO
VIDIZMO allows the flexibility of choosing your own Encoding Provider service or configure any of the Cloud-based or On-Premise Transcoders that VIDIZMO offers such as Azure Media Services, VIDIZMO Encoder, etc. Read more about Transcoders here: Understanding Encoding in VIDIZMO.
VIDIZMO provides a great variety of possible configurations for Cloud/On-Premise deployment options to help organizations strategize their system's storage and transcoding requirements and map them onto the available Storage Providers and Encoder options in VIDIZMO with enhanced ease.
Azure Media Services Storage with Azure Media Services Encoder
In case of configuring your Azure blob storage as your storage provider coupled with advanced encoding services by AMS, VIDIZMO provides an ease to its customers by either automating the configuration process by using VIDIZMO Setup Wizard or performing the configuration manually in case of security reasons. To learn more about it, see: How to Configure Azure Media Services (AMS) Storage with AMS Standard Encoder
Azure Cloud Storage with VIDIZMO Cloud Encoder
In case you wish to configure your Azure Cloud Storage with our specialized VIDIZMO Cloud Encoder service that implements scaling algorithms which help in automatically scaling the necessary resources to process files simultaneously and fast, this is the right option for you. To learn more about it, see: How to Configure Azure Storage with VIDIZMO Cloud Encoder in VIDIZMO
Azure Cloud Storage with VIDIZMO On Premise Encoder
In case you wish to configure your Azure Cloud Storage with our VIDIZMO On Premise Encoder for more secure, streamlined and uninterrupted encoding workflows and experience by having it deployed locally, then this is the right option for you. To learn more about it, see: How to Configure Azure Storage with VIDIZMO On Premise Encoder in VIDIZMO
VIDIZMO Storage with VIDIZMO On Premise Encoder
In case you wish to deploy the application on your local servers for organizational concerns such as security, accessibility and reliability, then this is the perfect option for you to deploy VIDIZMO Storage with our On-Premise Encoder. To learn more about it, see: How to Configure VIDIZMO Storage with VIDIZMO On Premise Encoder
VIDIZMO Storage with VIDIZMO Cloud Encoder
If your content is hosted behind your company's firewall and you wish to utilize VIDIZMO Cloud Encoder for low latency, fast processing speed and high scalability, then this is the right option for you. To learn more about it, see: How to Configure VIDIZMO Storage with VIDIZMO Cloud Encoder
Wowza Storage with VIDIZMO On Premise Encoder
If your content needs to be locally stored and processed but needs to be served at various geographically dispersed locations, then VIDIZMO Local Storage powered with Wowza Streaming Engine and Wowza CDNs is the right option for you. This helps in fast content delivery without raising any security concerns. To learn more about it, see: How to Configure Wowza Storage with VIDIZMO On Premise Encoder
Flexibility of other options
Apart from the possible configurations, VIDIZMO also offers the flexibility of choosing any other Storage Providers or Transcoders that the organization may want to configure their application with.
Setup Wizard Configuration
Below is a demonstration of the Setup Wizard to configure your Storage Provider and Transcoding Provider.
On the Configuration tab, there are options so as to select the Storage Providers i.e. Azure, VIDIZMO, Wowza and Transcoder Providers i.e. VIDIZMO On Premise, VIDIZMO Cloud Encoder, AMS Standard Encoder.
For the sake of demonstration, we will configure Azure Cloud Storage with AMS Standard Encoder.
- VIDIZMO Storage: Choose Azure out of the available options
- Encoder: Choose AMS Standard Encoder out of the available options
Configuration Parameters Required for Azure Cloud Storage in VIDIZMO Setup Wizard:
- Subscription Type: There are two types of Subscription Types that Azure offers to its users
- Login ID: The ID of your account on Azure
- Password: The Password of your account on Azure
- Subscription ID: The ID of your subscription package in Azure
- Storage Name: Storage account name in Azure. This name must be globally unique.
- Resource Group Name: The name of the resource group where you will organize your storage and AMS together. This name must be globally unique.
- Location: The physical location for your Azure servers
- Replication: There are three types of storage types that Azure offers
- Standard_GRS: If your storage account has Geo-Redundant Storage enabled, then your data is durable even in the case of a complete regional outage or a disaster in which the primary region isn't recoverable.
- Standard_LRS: Locally Redundant Storage provides durability by replicating your data to a storage scale unit.
- Standard_RAGRS: Read-access geo-redundant storage (RA-GRS) maximizes availability for your storage account. RA-GRS provides read-only access to the data in the secondary location, in addition to geo-replication across two regions.
- CDN SKU: Select the CDN SKU Profile that you have configured on your Azure CDN Account with various privileges associated with each account
- Media Service Name: The name of Media Service to be configured on Azure Account. The name has to be globally unique.
- Encoding Units: This field allows you to set the number of concurrent jobs you wish to run.
- Encoding Unit Type: The pricing tier that has been configured on AMS for encoding
- Basic S1
- Standard S2
- Premium S3
- Enable DRM: This option offers our customers the added advantage of enabling Digital Rights Management systems such as Microsoft PlayReady, Google Widevine or Apple FairPlay etc.
Configuration Parameters Required for AMS Standard Encoder in VIDIZMO Setup Wizard:
- Description: The description of the Transcoder.
- Scale Units: Add more units to to scale your deployment.
- Enable CDN: Select True if you want to enable the Azure CDN, otherwise select False.
- Cache in Secs: Cache defines the number of seconds for caching content on edge nodes.
- Migrate Content: Check this to migrate content from one Storage Provider to another
Roles and Permissions
- Administrators and Managers can run Setup Wizard configuration.