After you first set up Wowza Storage Provider via Setup Wizard, you can re-configure certain parameters such as your VOD edge application or the media cache source associated with your application using VIDIZMO portal.
In order to learn how to set up your Storage Provider from scratch, see: Understanding Setup Wizard.
Before you start
Administrators and Managers are allowed to view and edit Wowza Storage Provider.
- Any mistakes while configuring storage provider can break the uploading/encoding process.
- To learn more about the configuration required in Wowza Streaming Engine Server to get provider URL, see Wowza Configuration.
VIDIZMO Portal Configuration
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. Click on the navigation menu on the top left of your screen.
ii. Expand Admin tab.
iii Click on Control Panel.
2. From the Manage Portal navigation pane in Control Panel:
i. Select Storage Providers tab.
ii. Hover over your respective Storage Provider to see the edit icon appear under Action and click on it.
3. From the alert generated:
i. Click Continue to be routed to the edit page.
4. On the Edit Storage Provider page, you will also be able to view current settings, which you can update. Following are the editable parameters for Wowza Storage:
i. Provider Name displays the name of the Provider already configured on your system.
ii. Enter Content Upload URL, which corresponds to the URL that defines where the content will be stored. To learn more about how to get it, see: Content Storage Site URL.
iii. Enter the ProviderURL which corresponds to the path URL where media will be cached and streamed from. You can get this from Wowza Streaming Engine Server as mentioned above.
iv. Enter the Container Name which is the name of the folder where you will save all the media files.
v. Enter the Storage Path which is the physical location of your content storage path that you created Network Share on. To learn more about it, see: Set up Network Share to use as Content Storage.
vi. Check the Content Types which you want to use the storage with.
vii. Click Update button to save changes.