Why use Media Library?
Media Library of your Portal allows the users to view, access, manage, sort and filter all of their media at one place. This facilitates the organization by making the content easily-accessible, offer increased collaboration between the users and display the latest media for the users to view the organization's on-going activities. Moreover, the users can also manage and track the media being published.
About VIDIZMO Library Settings
To achieve control over the Library, VIDIZMO enables the users to set media access permissions, content organization and sharing parameters for published media. The Library settings comprises of the following:
VIDIZMO provides the user to define a category or subcategory on portal-level for the media being published. This classifies, organizes and segregates the media content. This facilitates the user in search and sort the relevant media. A user is allowed to create, modify or delete a category or its sub-category. They can either be defined individually or in a hierarchy. To add a category, read more about it here: How to Add Categories in Portal.
Tags are keywords that describes and highlights the content to provide optimized search for users. VIDIZMO allows the users to predefine the tags that the uploader can choose from while publishing or modifying the media. Moreover, the users can also allow the publishers to add new tags when publishing the presentations. To add a tag, read more about it here: How to Configure and Use Enterprise Tags.
VIDIZMO portal comes with a built-in set of attributes for defining the media content to be published or modified. Examples are Title, Categories, Tags, Description, and Author's name. VIDIZMO also provides the users to create additional fields i.e. custom attribute feature to give complete control over defining the metadata for media content. This allows the uploader to classify the content in custom and creative ways, giving the users a massive flexibility to search and sort the content. The user can create, edit or delete a custom attribute.
To add or edit a custom attribute, the user need to set the following parameters:
- Name: The user can define the attribute name.
- Type: The user can choose the attribute field type to be Text, Date or Dropdown.
- Mandatory: Enabling this checkbox requires the user to compulsory fill the attribute field when publishing the media.
- Display with Presentation to enhance search function: Enabling this checkbox requires the user to display the custom attribute with the media published to provide an improved search.
- Presentation Types: The user can define the media type such as video, audio, survey, etc. for which the attribute will be displayed.
VIDIZMO also provides the ability to drag and drop the attribute to change it's position while displaying it to the uploader. To add Custom Attributes, read more about it here: How to Manage Custom Attributes.
Default Publish Settings
Default Publishing Settings enables the users to set default publishing attributes for the portal so that every media uploaded has these settings. These settings comprises of the following:
- All: Enabling this checkbox makes all the options discussed below to be selected.
- Allow access from Portal Library: This checkbox makes the uploaded media content appear on the portal library. In case, a user leaves the checkbox unchecked for a media type, that uploaded media will not appear on the portal library and can only be accessible via a link of that specific content.
- Featured Presentations: On portal’s homepage, there is a list of featured media files. Enabling this option allows the users to access the mashup from the homepage’s Featured Presentation list.
- Allow viewers to embed: This checkbox provides the ability to viewers to embed the media content to allowed domains or websites.
- Allow downloading: By enabling this checkbox, the users can download every media available on the Portal.
- Allow viewers to share: This checkbox when enabled, provides the viewers the ability to share the content with others via Email address of specific user or any other social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
A user can change these settings anytime. To make new settings applicable on previously published media, VIDIZMO offers the users another checkbox that applies the settings on already published media. To set Default Publish Settings, read more about it here: How to Set Default Publishing Rules for Media in Portal.
Enabling Comment checkbox provided on Moderate Comments tab can be used to allow all the Portal users to comment on the uploaded content. If the checkbox is disabled, no user will be able to comment. To configure Moderate Comments, read more about it here: How to Configure Comments in Portal.
Additionally, comments can be moderated by enabling the Comment Moderation check box. When enabled, comment moderation ensures that no spam or unwanted comments are published under that media. Every comment is sent to user for moderation. The comment only shows up on that particular media’s playback page if a user has approved it. These settings effect all of the existing and new presentations of the portal. To configure Comment Moderation, read more about it here: How to Configure Comment Moderation in Portal.
User Generated Content
Enabling User Generated Content (UGC) allows all the Portal users to upload content. To restrict uploading by some of the users disable UGC. In such scenario, only the Administrator, Manager, Moderator and Contributor can upload the content. To configure UGC, read more about it here: How to Configure User Generated Content in Portal.
Additionally, uploaded content can be moderated by a user. Enabling content moderation ensures that no spam or unwanted contents are published. Every content is sent to user for moderation. The content only shows up on the portal library page if a user has approved it. To configure Content Moderation, read more about it here: How to Enforce Content Moderation.
Note: By default, the role assigned to a user upon requesting and joining the portal is of a Viewer. If a user request to join the portal having User Generated Content enabled, by default the VIDIZMO role assigned to the user will be of Contributor .
Social Media Sharing
Some users want their content to be shared with a larger audience that is not part of the portal. To support this, VIDIZMO offers a Social Media Sharing tab that provides the Portal's user the ability to enable sharing of the Portal's Media Library page on social media platforms. Moreover, a user can share any individual media on social media platforms if the configured publish settings allows social sharing. To configure Social Media Sharing, read more about it here: How to Configure Social Media Sharing in Portal.
Note: For now, VIDIZMO supports sharing on social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn,Twitter and Email.
Note: By default, if social media sharing is disabled in the Portal then user can only share media by Email.
Set up as the number of days, this is the content retention period after the content is submitted for deletion. Although deleted from the Portal, users can seek help from VIDIZMO Support to recover the deleted content within the time specified here. After the expiry of this period, the content is deleted permanently. To configure the Retention Period, read more about it here: How to Set Retention Period for Deleted Content.
Users at times needs to restrict viewers from accessing the portal due to any reason such as security, privacy, maintenance etc. To suffice this need, VIDIZMO provides a Portal restriction tab that is used when the portal needs to be restricted to Managers and Administrators only. To restrict the Portal for users, read more about it here: How to Restrict Users From Accessing a Portal.
This field facilitates the user to define a custom message that would be displayed to the end-user while downloading any media file. To add the custom message, read more about it here: How to Add a Disclaimer Message on Media Download.
Roles & Permissions
- Managers and Administrators can access and update all of the above Library Settings.
- Moderator can define few of these parameters while uploading a media file.
- Moderator can moderate content or comments.
Note: Even though Manager+ roles can predefine the default media settings, these can be overridden by the uploader while uploading content.