Tags are labels attached to content for the purpose of identification or to give information. Enterprise tags are a cluster of predefined tags which enable the Administrators to control and restrict the input of irrelevant tags by Contributors while publishing media.
The Enterprise tags are configured on both Account and Portal levels, while the Portal can inherit tags from the Account. VIDIZMO has a feature to add tags during publishing and editing media. Users can add or select tags while publishing media if the Administrator has predefined the enterprise tags. If an Administrator deletes any tag which is used in any media, then it will be deleted from all related media as well.
Tags assist the Viewers in searching the media with ease, related media is listed on the basis of tags and it also gives a quick view of what the media is about before it is viewed. Moreover, tags are also used to display on Playback page.
Steps to Add Tags
1. From the Portal's Homepage login using an Administrator or Manager rights on your Account.
i. From the top left-hand corner, click on the Menu Icon to bring up the left navigation pane.
ii. Under the Admin section, select the Settings tab to open the Portal Settings.
2. Under the Portal Settings:
i. Click on the Library tab to expand its options.
ii. Then select Tags to bring up the Global Tags screen on the right-hand side.
iii. Add a tag and hit the Enter button on your keyboard to add it to the list.
iv. The newly added tag gets listed in the Portal's tag cloud.
v. Make sure that "Allow publishers to add new tags when publishing/drafting Videos" checkbox is not selected. This option restricts the uploader to add new tags when uploading a media file. In other words, if the option is selected then the uploader can add new tags (that are not in Global Tags) while publishing/drafting the media.
Note: If the checkbox is deselected and no tags are added by the Administrator in Global Tags, the Tags feature is deactivated from an Account/Channel and the option to add tags becomes unavailable when publishing media.
When done, click on the Update button to save your changes.
3. From the top menu bar, go to User Menu >> Sign Out and sign in again.
4. Click on the red Add New Media (+) icon towards the bottom left-hand corner.
5. On the Add New Media screen, click on Upload Media box.
6. On the Upload Media screen, follow the onscreen instructions to upload a media file.
To learn more about uploading media, click here on How to Upload Media.
7. You will be redirected to the Media Settings when the uploading process is completed. On the Basic Settings tab, you will be unable to add a new tag which is not defined by the Administrator in Global Tags. A message will be displayed stating: Administrator has restricted the rights to add new tags.
Roles and Permissions
Although, Managers and Administrators can define tags for a Portal, Contributor+ roles can utilize these defined tags at the time of uploading content and associate them relevantly to enhance search and accessibility for Viewers.