VIDIZMO provides the user to define a category or subcategory on portal-level for the media being published. This classifies, organizes and segregates the media content. This facilitates the user in search and sort the relevant media. A user is allowed to create, modify or delete a category or its sub-category. They can either be defined individually or in a hierarchy.
Following is a step by step guide on how to add categories in a Portal:
i. Click on the menu icon on the top left-hand corner of the screen to bring up the left navigation pane.
ii. Then click on the down arrow to expand the Admin section.
iii Select the Settings to open the Portal Settings navigation panel.
2. From the Portal Settings pane:
i. Click on the Library tab to expand its options.
ii. Select Categories under the Library tab.
iii. Click on the Add Category button as your Categories option.
iv. In the Add Category section on the right-hand side, enter the name of a Category.
v. Next, enter Description for your Category. Your description is a detailed account of the certain or salient aspects, characteristics, or features of a subject matter.
vi. Click on the Add Button to Add new category.
3. A notification will be displayed stating: The category has been added successfully.
4. You can also add a subcategory to any category. To do so:
i. Click on Add New Category (+) icon against your desired category.
ii. Add Subcategory name editor will open where you can enter the child category name.
iii. Enter Description to your child category, description is a detailed account of the certain or salient aspects, characteristics, or features of your child category.
iv. Click on the Add Button to add the subcategory.
5. A notification will be displayed stating: The Subcategory has been added successfully.
There are three ways to verify that a category is added to the portal:
1. While Uploading media: While uploading media, the categories/subcategories will be displayed under the Basic Settings tab >> Category drop-down.
2. You can filter media according to categories in Media Manager . For more click here Search Content From The Media Manager
3. Media Library categories will be listed, you can search content by selecting any category. For more click here Search Content From The Homepage
Roles and Permissions
Managers and Administrators can add, edit or delete categories in a Portal from Portal Settings.